I'm back with another Sneak Peek of the NEW Tonic Studios Shadowbox Creations Dies Set - it is so versatile. You create cards, frames, boxes and draws to mention a handful.
Today I am sharing my In the Past Frames - this project is ideal for a really special Mother's Day or birthday project and it is so easy to make with this set of dies as you have everything you need to add those gorgeous professional finishing touches.
So let's get started.......
What I Used
Tonic Studios Shadow Box Creation Die Set - 1635E
Tonic Studios Shadow Box Insert Dies Set
Tonic Studios Craft Perfect Card - A4 216gsm – Bright White - 9016E
Tonic Studios Funky Glue Pen - 421E
Tonic Studio Layering Butterfly Die Set – 530E
Green and Pink Spotty Card
Pink Plain Card
What I Did
- Cut two shadowboxes in pink spotty and two in plain pink card. Glue to form frames - construct the frame by sticking the long sides first, then the shorter ones in place.
- Cut four detailed insert frames from the brilliant white card keeping the cut out centre pieces for later. Also cut two solid spotty frames and two solid pink frames. Glue the detailed frame pieces to the solid frames.
- Next cut three 1" wide strips of card from scrap left and score down the length at 1/2" and fold in half. Glue the left-hand side of the folded strip to the right-hand side of a spotty box. Then glue the second half of the strip to the front left-hand side of a plain pink box.
- To attach the third spotty box repeat the step above but glue to the back of the boxes. Then the last strip will repeat and glue to the front again. The boxes will now concertina fold. Cut pink spotty rectangle panels to fit rear of boxes so that the strips are covered on the back of the project.
- To cover the glued strips adhere the decorative frames to the front of the boxes.
- Take the brilliant white rectangles that were removed from the detailed frames earlier, and glue them inside the boxes.
- Cut two of the detailed inner panels from plain pink card and two solid panels from the green spotty card. Choose the images you want, glue to rear of picture apertures. Glue the green spotty card to the rear of the inner aperture panel and add to inside of boxes.
- Cut two ovals out to act as a vase base. Die cut the flowers from the new sets, layer together to form the flower heads. Die cut the leaves. Glue in position and add butterflies to finish.