Here's another Sneak Peek this time showcasing the Brand New Dot and Drop Dies. I don't know about you but I find it hard to apply my dots with even gaps! But these new dies are great to make this so easy and the designs are fabulous. They surely will add that special professional looking finish to your projects.
Join Jodie Tonic Johnson on Create & Craft TV this Monday 20/3/17 8am.
What I Used
Tonic Studios Dot and Drop Dies
Tonic Studios Large Layering Die – Ornate Frame – 1111E
Tonic Studios Miniature Moments Die – Sent with Love – 1254E
Tonic Studios Beautiful Blooms - Sweet Melia – 1286E
Tonic Studios Nuvo Crystal Drops Collection – Ebony Black – 650n
Tonic Studios Tangerine Die cutting Machine - 147E
Tonic Studios Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive – 200N
Tonic Studios Nuvo Aqua Flow Pens – Autumn Woodland – 890N
What I Did
- Create a 7" square black card blank layer with green card. Next cut a square of scrapbook paper.
- Use one of the dies to add dot impressions onto top scrapbook paper layer.
- Distress the edges of the papers with a thread cutter and then add a little Aqua flow Black ink using a piece of foam around the edges.
- Cut two tag shapes using the smaller dies in the Ribbons and Bows Die Set. Distress with the thread cutter and add ink around the edges. Die cut the dot and drop placement into one tag.
- Take Nuvo Black Gloss Drops and dot over all marked areas created by dies. Leave to dry.
- Once dots are dry mount the square onto card front and attach the tags.
- Die cut a frame from green card using the Ornate Ovals dies and also a fancy frame in black card. Add 3D foam pads to rear of layered frame and attach to card front.
- Die cut the greeting from black and yellow card, shadow and add to card,
- Die cut some flowers from yellow card and tone down with the Aquaflow pens. Die cut the leaves and add some veins using a ball tool.
- Build the flowers and add them to the card front to finish.
The unique Dot & Drop dies offer both a decorative design and a handy guideline for using your Crystal, Glitter, Jewel and Glow Drops. The beautiful swirling patterns, strips and corners provide accurate placement for these Nuvo products, transforming your creations into something special. By placing a drop on each deboss mark..., you can easily achieve a perfect finish to your card or paper craft project. Where there’s a dot, place a drop!
We hope you have been inspired.