I got up this morning and it was dark!! Autumn really is upon us now but at least the colours are still looking good around the countryside.
Well yes, it’s that time already! IT’s time to get your entries in for the Where the HeARt is challenge and this month it’s all about using some stencils and even better it’s n Anything Goes challenge….woo hooo!
Our sponsors this month are the very talented Sassy Studio
offering 4 digi images
offering 7 digi images
For my DT piece this month I chose to use some stencils and create a page in my Art Journal. I made my journal from an old work diary from 2012. This is the cover so I thought I had better start filling the pages with art!
I hope you like it.
What MJ Did
- First I painted my double page with gesso and dried.
- Using a glue gel medium I added some printed tissue paper that was sent as packaging (it was lovely so I couldn’t throw it away) tearing as I wanted.
- Then I took a selection of stencils and some light paste to create texture on my page.
- Next came the fun bit! I started building up my colours using spray inks in greens and blues (my faves) dabbing with a baby wipe to soften colour and dried.
- I roughly cut a half heart shape from a scrap of patterned paper and stuck to the page.
- Using a stencil and some white gesso I sponged through to add another layer of interest to the piece. When dry I drew around details using a black permanent pen smudging whilst still wet.
- I took word stamps, stamped onto patterned paper, cut out and stuck on to page. Used black pen as before around the edges.
- Finally I distressed the edges of both pages using black Archival ink.
What MJ Used
Maimeri White Gesso
Prima Art Basics Soft Gloss Gel
Finnabair Elementals Stencil – Bubbles
PaperArtsy Stencils – various
Finnabair Stamps – various
Colour Chemistry Inks – Oak House Studios
Black Archival Ink/Black Uniball Pen