I hope you all loved the recent Pick of the Day launch with Jodie. I did for sure. Lots of lovely techniques and ideas. These new die and stencil sets are fabulous. They work so well as stand alone products too. I loved working with them.
So here is an idea for you using the daffodil die and stencil set. I hope you like it.
Teal and white Tall Box
- Take an A4 piece of teal coloured card and score four panels at 2 3/4”. This will leave you with an extra strip for gluing box sides together later.
- Next the die from the Aztec Allium set and place centrally inside the first 2 3/4” panel. Tape in place and run through your die cutting machine. Repeat this on the remaining three panels.
- Using the stencil part of the set lay it over the first die cut panel carefully aligning it (you will not be able to see any gaps shoeing through). Cover either side of the stencil with copy paper to protect the other areas. Take some paste (modelling past, stencil paint etc.) and using a spatula spread the paste up the length of the stencil.
- Carefully remove the stencil and clean straight away. You will need to leave each panel to dry before doing the next one. If using a modelling paste you can speed the drying up using a heat tool.
- Once all panels are dry fold and burnish the score lines. Do not glue box together at this stage.
- Cut four pieces of black card at approx. 2 1/2” x 8” and glue one to the rear of each of the stencilled panels.
- Next cut two squares of black card at 3 13/16” (sorry but it fits better at this than at 3 3/4”). Score around all edges at 1/2”. Cut tabs. fold and burnish score lines and glue boxes.
- Glue the tall box piece inside one of the small box pieces. The other box will be the lid.
- Decorate to suit.
What MJ Used
Tonic Studios Aztec Allium Double Detail Die and Stencil Set – 1136E
Sweet Poppy Paste – Glossy White
Tonic Studios Funky Glue Pen
Black and Teal Card
Tonic Studios Tangerine Die Cutting Machine
We hope you have been inspired.