Today I have been playing with Tonic Studios NEW Nuvo Jewel Drops launched today as the One Day Wonder on Create and Craft. I hope you have been watching the shows :)
The Design Team have made some inspirational projects for you to drool over so check them out on Tonic's Pinterest account. You will love them.
So here is my card for this afternoon an I hope you like it. I have used the Jewel Drops to create a mosaic effect background for you. So let's get started!
What I Did
- First I took a piece of acetate and laid it over my glass mat so that I could use the squares as a guide. I then took the red and green Jewel Drops and used them to draw squares to form a checked pattern ensuring that colours joined up together. Let dry (I let it dry overnight).
- Once the drops are completely dry I broke it into shards.
- Take a 7" x 7" white card blank and glue the shards of jewel drops down the right-hand side to form an irregular pattern.
- Next cut a piece of red card to 4 1/8" x 6 5/8" and a green piece at 4" x 6 1/2". Layer together and add to the left-hand side of card front.
- Die cut leaves from the Autumn Die Collection together with a greeting. Glue in position.
What I Used
Tonic Studios Nuvo Jewel Drops - Strawberry Coulis (643N) and Key Lime (645N)
Tonic Studios Autumn Die Collection - Autumnal Oak - 1431E
Tonic Studios Sentiments- Retro Birthday - 1059E
Tonic Studios Funky Glue Pen - 421E
We hope you have been inspired.