I hope you join Jodie Johnson for the shows starting on HOCHANDA this Thursday, 6th April, at 8pm for the Brand New additions to Tonic Studios Essentials Buildable Die Collection. These sets are gorgeous and such fun for young and old. Use them in your cardmaking, gift makes, sewing projects and home décor to name but a few!
This time around I have been playing with the Jungle Animals and have had an amazing time playing with them. I have so many ideas to share with you (and not forgetting the fabulous DT with their makes too) so today I am going to open with a visit to the circus :) So roll up, roll up and get your tickets here!! ;)
So here we go and I hope you like it.
What I Used
Tonic Studios Essential Buildable Sets - Leo Lion
Tonic Studios Essential Layering Basics – Circles – 1454E
Tonic Studios Essential Card Pack – Heated Hues 216GSM – 787E
Tonic Studios Essential – Banners – 1594E
What I Did
- Use an 8" x 8" white card base.
- Die cut the second largest circle into the centre of the card front.
- Die cut a red frame by using the largest circle die and then cutting out the centre with the second largest die. Glue to front of aperture. (I have cut a red frame so that if there are any gaps after placing flames you will not see white card through it).
- Next using red, yellow and orange card die cut the flames using Leo's tail mane die. Glue all pieces around aperture to create the flames.
- Take the Leo Lion Die set and cut and emboss the body pieces highlighting using Nuvo Aqua Flow pens through the die once embossed. Layer Leo up and glue together.
- To make him leap through front of card - cut two strips of card 1" x 2 1/2" and score them at every 1/2", fold and burnish concertina style. Glue to rear of Leo.
- Mat a red 7 7/8" square to inside back of card. Cut three circles decreasing in size in chosen colours and glue in place.
- Glue the tabs on back of Leo to centre of inner circle layers.
- Add a banner with a Happy Birthday sentiment to finish.
We hope you have been inspired.