It's Mandy-Jane here tonight. How are you all? Keeping well and crafting up a storm I hope :)
Whilst I am quite literally watching paint dry (for a workshop piece) I thought it would give me time to share today's project with you so that I can tell about Tonic's new stuff!
I hope you have been watching the shows with Jodie over on Create and Craft and picking up all the tips and techniques that she is sharing. You can do so many things with the Embellishment Mousse!!
So here it is and I hope that you like it. I loved making it for the shows.
What I Did
- Using an 8" x 8" card blank; take the largest outer Celtic circle die, tape to folded card so that the edge circle hangs slightly over the fold, and run through your die-cutting machine. You will now have a circle blank.
- Fold the front circle in half to form easel part of card.
- Cut a full circle from white card and glue this to the lower half of the folded circle card blank.
- Cut two large navy circles and add to top and inside of base card (this will need to be trimmed slightly).
- Using a paler blue card and the detailed die, together with the outer large die, cut two - each one to be cut separately so that you do not cross your dies whilst cutting out. Glue these to the navy layers.
- Cut the pretty white circles as above with next smaller dies. Add to card.
- Use the next die down, scalloped circle, and cut out in spotty blue paper and glue in place.
- Take the Double Detail outer frame die and cut one out in navy card.
- Next using the outer frame piece cut this out in white card. Then line up the floral die piece within the white piece and cut out. Leave the card in the die and emboss the detail.
- Using the stencil place this over the embossed detail of the die, tape in place and then using a spatula and the embellishment mousse smooth this through the stencil. Remove the stencil and clean. Leave mousse to dry or you can use a heat tool.
- Once mousse is dry attach the floral piece to the navy back piece. I used 3D foam pads to raise.
- Attach the centre piece to the card front with 3D foam pads.
- Die cut some daisies and decorate the card with them.
- Add butterfly die-cut and Crystal drops to finish.
What I Used
Double Detail – Daisy Burst Stencil – 1146E
Nuvo Embellishment Mousse – Cornflower Blue – 806N
Double Detail – Daisy Burst Die Set – 1142E
Layering Die – Celtic Dream – 209e
Rococo Die & Stamp Set – Butterfly Felicity – 1040e
Entwining Trellis Die Set – Delicate Daisy – 768e
Nuvo Crystal Drops Collection – Pearl White – 651n
Nuvo Crystal Drops Collection – Navy Blue – 659n
Well it's back to my painting now!
I hope you have been inspired.