Hope you are all enjoying your Bank Holiday.
MJ was asked if she could do another suitcase project so she has!
So today MJ is sharing a project she created yesterday using an old Molton Brown Gift Box and some gorgeous Heartfelt Creations products. Once again MJ is using two of her favourite sets; Celebrate the Journey and Arianna Blooms.
This is the box from the outside……
And this is the box from the inside..
This is what it looked like originally (although she said she had used all her goodies up!)
- First thing MJ did was coat the whole box with 2 – 3 coats of white gesso to cover the design on the outside and to cover the yellow inside the box too. Then dried with heat tool.
- Next she lined the inside and outside of the box with papers from the Celebrate the Journey paper pad.
- Then she stamped the suit case onto one of the papers and cut out using the matching die and also cut one unstamped piece of paper for the rear of the suitcase. A 1/2” strip of paper was cut and folded in half and glued in to act as hinge.
- Using the Arianna Bloom stamp and matching die MJ produced a mass of flowers which she shaped and glued together to form the flowers.
- Taking the Celebrate the Journey Sentiments stamp and the Once Upon a Time die set she cut out the round greetings and mounted onto card. She also used the World Map PreCut Set to create the torn pieces inside the box and the Balloon and the Bicycle set to make the balloon piece. The tags and tickets were cut from the paper pad.
- Once she had all the elements ready to go she glued them into place inside the box until she was happy with the finish. Adding some floral detail to the inside and front of it too.
HFC Celebrate the Journey Paper Pad
HFC Balloon and Bicycle PreCut Set – HCPC 3599
HFC Arianna Bloom Stamp – HCPC 3608
HFC Arianna Blooms Die – HCD 748
HFC Once Upon A Time Die – HCD 744
HFC Luggage and Tags Die – HCD 745
HFC Luggage and Sentiments PreCut Set – HCPC 3597
HFC Celebrate the Journey Sentiments PreCutSet – HCPC 3596
HFC World Map PreCut Set – HCPC 3598
We hope you have been inspired to alter one of your old boxes.
Thanks for Popping By