Another busy day today – prepping classes and workshops and some are for 2016! Where has the time gone?
MJ has a quick card to share with you today that she recently made for the launch of the Double Detail Die and Stamp sets.
This is a pretty card. Unfortunately, the bright yellows and greens do not show up in the photo.
What MJ Did
- Create a card blank so that it is a little taller than the die panel allowing room for mat and layers from white linen card.
- Cut two white panels that will fit the length of the stencil and use Mustard Seed and Peeled Paint Distress Inks to colour through the panel. Dry.
- Next place the stencil back in place over the dried ink, tape down and spread a clear drying paste or glue gel medium thought the stencil. Carefully remove stencil (put into water to clean) and whilst still wet pour micro brads on top. Leave to dry.
- Whilst panels are drying use the cleaned stencil and some Mustard Seed ink to create a background design on the card blank.
- Once panels are dry, ink around edges lightly with some of the Mustard Seed ink and layer onto some green card. Raise both panels with some 3D foam and add to front of card.
- Die cut centre layers and sentiment and add this to front centre of card.
- Add a bow to finish. Enjoy!
What MJ Used
Tonic Studios Decorative Daffodil Double Detail Die and Stencil Set – 1137E
Tonic Studios Essentials Die Set – Just for you – 189E
Tonic Studios Sentiment Die Set – If Friends were Flowers – 025e
Tonic Studios From Me to You Topper Die Inner Set – 174e
Distress Inks – Mustard Seed and Peeled Paint
Prims Art Basics Glue Gel Medium – Gloss