Today MJ is sharing a couple of quick and easy card projects with you that she made for a recent Hochanda show using fabulous inks and stamps from Oak House Studios. We hope you caught the shows.
This first card was made using the Daisy Stamp Set. This set is a very versatile with a great large Daisy outline stamp together with an abstract shadow stamp.
What MJ Did
- Take a 7” x 7” card blank and layer a 6 1/2” red square and then a 6 1/4” white square onto the front of the card.
- Cut a 6” square of Kraft card. Using the daisy shadow stamp create a design with the Triple Vintage Browns pigment ink pad.
- Next using the Daisy outline image stamp it once centrally on the card with the Triple Fruity Reds pigment ink pad. Then on Kraft card stamp it twice more and cut them out. Snip in between petals and shape slightly to give movement.
- Attach the daisies to the centre of the card using 3D Glue gel/foam pads slightly off setting to add dimension to the image.
- Then use a glue gel/£d glue gel to the centre of the daisy and top with some micro beads. Leave to dry.
- Take the ‘Sunshine ‘ Greeting form the Daisy Set and stamp onto white card using the browns ink pad. Layer with some red card and add to front of card.
The second card is using the same set. This time MJ only used part of the Daisy stamp.
What MJ Did
- Using a 6” x 6” square card blank matt some orange, yellow and white layers.
- Next take the Daisy outline stamp and black archival ink and stamp onto watercolour card three times.
- Using the Oak House Studio Pure Colour Chemistry ink – Put a little onto a glass mat/craft sheet, take a brush and some water and colour the daisies with Bottled Sunshine, Pumpkin Pie and Jubilee Red until you have the desired effect.
- Next cut out half the daisies (see above) heads.
- Stamp the verse with Triple Sunshine Yellows pigment ink pad onto white card. Layer this onto orange and yellow card leaving narrow borders each time. Add to card front with 3D foam pads.
- Trim into petals of daisies to give dimension to the image and add to front of card with 3D foam pads to finish.
What MJ Used
Oak House Studio Daisy Stamp Set
Oak House Studio Colour Chemistry Triple Pigment Ink Pads – Vintage Browns, Sunshine Yellows and Fruity Reds
Oak House Studio Pure Colour Chemistry Watercolour Inks – Bottled Sunshine, Pumpkin Pie and Jubilee Red
We hope you have been inspired.