MJ thought she would share some more inspiration from Oak House Studios. She loves a stamp and bit of gorgeous ink!
Both of the following cards were made with MJ’s favourite Oak House Studio Double Daisy Stamp Set.
The first card is bright and cheery and would brighten someone’s day up.
What MJ Did
- Create an A5 white card base.
- Cut a panel red layer at 8” x 3 1/2”, a green layer at 7 7/8” x 3 3/8” and a white piece of watercolour card at 7 3/4” x 3 1/4”.
- Mat the green and red together and add to front right-hand side of the card.
- Next take the daisy outline stamp and using black archival ink stamp the image twice onto the watercolour panel overlapping the the left-hand daisy off the edge of the card.. Then using the daisy border and the same ink stamp the image on a horizontal angle. Draw stems for the large and small daisies.
- Take another piece of watercolour card and using Jubilee Red Pure Colour mixed with water in a spray bottle, spritz the card to cover until happy with the shade. Paint the flower stems with Citrus Lime ink. Leave to dry.
- Use the large daisy outline again and stamp onto the spritzed card. Cut out.
- Attach stamped watercolour panel to card front and add the daisy cut outs.
- Stamp the Sunshine greeting onto a piece of white card and cut into a flag shape and layer onto red card. Trim to leave a narrow border. Shape and add to card front to finish.
MJ’s second card is vibrant and zesty but very quick and easy to do.
What MJ Did
- Using a 7” x 7” white square card blank create a bright green mat cut to approx. 6 1/2” x 6 1/2”. Adhere to card front.
- Cut a white piece of card to 5 1/2” x 5 1/2” and then a black piece to 5 5/8” x 5 5/8”. Add the black piece to card front.
- Next take the large outline daisy stamp and using black archival ink stamp the image to create a background as shown.
- Take some Citrus Lime ink and put onto a craft sheet. Using a wet brush pick up the ink and colour the daisies. Leave to dry.
- Stamp a row of black daisies using the border stamp. Trim to create a strip. Mount this into some green and black card leaving a narrow border top and bottom. Glue across centre of cad towards the bottom of card.
- Take the Sunshine greeting and stamp with black ink onto white card. Trim to size and layer onto green and black card. Use 3D foam pads and mount on top of daisy strip.
What MJ Used
Oak House Studio Double Daisy Stamp Set
Oak House Studio Pure Colour Chemistry Watercolour Ink – Jubilee Red
Oak House Studio Colour Chemistry Spray Ink – Citrus Lime
We hope you have been inspired.