Hi Everyone, MJ here
To say I am excited is an understatement! I love, love, love these new die sets and so will you.
Join Jodie for the Tonic. Pick of the Week on Friday 18th September starting at 12 noon on Create & Craft TV.
Friday - 12 noon, 3pm, 5pm & 6pm
Saturday - 8am & 1pm
Sunday - 12 noon & 5pm
Monday 12 noon & 3pm
So here is my offering for you tonight. I loved doing this card. The papers work beautifully with this style of design.
What MJ Did
- Start with an A4 piece of Kraft card folded in half to make card base.
- Cut another piece of Kraft card to 5 1/2” x 8” and emboss it using your favourite Tonic embossing folder. Colour around the edges with Vintage Photo Distress Ink and glue onto front of card.
- Create a tag shape using Kraft card. Next choose some toning papers and die cut squares. Glue these to cover tag. Trim excess paper away. Lightly ink around the edges once again with same ink as before.
- Add lace to bottom and across middle of tag.
- I used a chipboard piece for dress form which I made a skirt for from the same toning papers by cutting strips and gluing into place. Add ribbon for belt.
- Die cut the buttons, cotton reel, needle and flowers from Kraft card. Ink around edges.
- Use some string or wool to wrap the cotton reel with plus extra to thread through needle and to finish buttons.
- Glue tag onto card and add embellishments and pearls to finish.
What Was Used