MJ here. I hope you have had a fab weekend.
Today I am sharing a small mixed media canvas I made for the launch of Tonic Studios new Autumn Die Collection. It is very easy but quite effective.
The dies cut like butter through the funky foam. On my previous post I had cut the grasses from foam and used as a stamp for the background.
What I Did
- Start with a 5" x 7" canvas board.
- Die cut a tall grass piece from funky foam together with some leafy branches and butterflies.
- Glue the die cuts to the canvas and allow to dry completely.
- Paint the canvas and die cuts with two coats of black gesso. Leave to dry.
- Next use some gold embellishment mousse added to a little water in a spritzer bottle and spray lightly across canvas.
- Take Fresh Copper, Aquamarine, Indian Gold, Spring Green and Mother of Pearl embellishment mousses and apply to the die cuts using your finger (or cotton bud) until you are happy with the colours.
What I Used
Autumn Die Collection - Pinecone Season
Autumn Die Collection - Autumnal Oak
Nuvo Embellishment Mousses - Various Colours
Funky Glue Pen
We hope you have been inspired.