Mandy-Jane here. I’m excited to share with you a sneak peek at one of the cards I made for tonight’s show with Tonic Studios at 9pm over on Ideal World – yes it’s Pick of the Day tonight! See Jodie in action.
I loved working with this collection (but when don’t I ..lol) There really are endless possibilities with these 3 sets. I can see many more ideas too!
Here is my card to hopefully inspire you. I hope you like it.
What I Did
- Make a 7” x 7” card blank from Burgundy card.
- Cut a piece of Ivory Linen card at 6 3/4” x 6 3/4”. Glue to card front.
- Cut a a piece of burgundy card at 6 1/2” x 6 1/2”. Glue to card front.
- Cut a piece of ivory card at 6” x 6”. Using the die strip as a guide and the Super Trimmer, cut an aperture from the right-hand side of the square 3/8” in from the outside 3 edges. Join the 4th edge to form rectangle.
- Cut a piece of patterned paper at 5 3/4” x 5 3/4”. Glue to centre front of card.
- Die the strip piece twice using ivory card. Using a narrow tape attach the two strips down the centre. Glue the strips to the rear of the aperture as in picture.
- Use 3D foam tape/pads add around outside edges of ivory panel, around the edges of the aperture and down the centre of the strips. Then attach this panel to front of card.
- Die cut the centre flourish piece in burgundy and attach to card. Also die cut two butterflies and glue into position.
- Stamp the greeting onto ivory card with a Versamark ink pad, sprinkle with gold embossing powder and heat. Let cool and then die cut with matching die. Attach to card.
- Finally to finish add the gold Crystal drops.
What I Used
Tonic Studios Decorative Mini – Floral Fancy – 1163E
Tonic Studios Decorative Mini – Everyday Stamp Set – 1162E
Tonic Studios Decorative Mini – Tangled Trellis – 1164E
Nuvo Embossing Powder – Classic Gold – 600N
Nuvo Crystal Drops Collection – Metallic Bright Gold – 653n
Premium Paper Pack – Folksy Florals – 1050E
Butterflies & Blooms – Mazerine Blue – 545e
We hope you were inspired.