I am sooo excited to share this project with you. I have been using the wonderful Brand New Sparkle Dust glitters from Tonic Studios. These are a collection of 12 Ultra-Fine glitters that can be used on many different projects in many different applications...but basically they are GORGEOUS.. :)
Here is my project for you. I have used the Sparkle Dust to frost the glass of my picture frame, to add colour to my flower layers and to stamp and colour on with my Nuvo pens....love all the ways it works. This is just my first share but I have others that I will share over the next couple of days with you.
What I Did
- I have used a 1" deep box picture frame. Take back off, cover glass and paint all over the frame with white acrylic paint. Leave to dry.
- Next cut a square of double-sided adhesive paper to fit the front of the glass. Die cut a heart from the centre to create an aperture. Carefully stick the adhesive paper to the front of the glass peeling the covering off a little at the time smoothing onto surface avoiding any air bubbles.
- Once glue adhesive has been applied to glass sprinkle Sparkle Dust over the surface making sure all areas are covered. Dust off excess with a soft brush and gently burnish the glitter to male smooth.
- Cut black heart and add verso detail. Glue a piece of paper to inside of back piece and then glue heart centrally to this.
- Cut a piece of card to fit stamp size and cover with a piece of the adhesive paper. Peel off top layer and cover with Sparkle Dust. Once again burnish until smooth. Using the Nuvo alcohol pens colour the image (this can be done before and the adhesive paper and glitter added after). Cut around image leaving a narrow border. Shape and using 3D foam pads pop into position.
- Place back panel to rear of frame and secure.
- Die cut some flowers both open and closed shapes. Take a Nuvo glue pen and add this all over the closed petal shapes, sprinkle with Sparkle Dust and leave to dry. Once dry layer the flowers. Die cut some swirls in black and these together with the flowers to two of the outside corners of the frame. To finish add some Nuvo Crystal Drops.
What I Used
Tonic Studios Nuvo Sparkle Dust - Snow Glow and Rose Quartz
Tonic Studios Beautiful Blooms - Sunburst Gazania - 1288E
Tonic Studios Beautiful Blooms - Sweet Melia - 1286E
Tonic Studios - Hearts Set
Nuvo Alcohol Pens
Nuvo Glue Pen - Medium - 203N
1" Deep Box Frame
Nuvo White Acrylic Paint
Double-Sided Adhesive Paper
We hope you have been inspired.