Good Morning Everyone
I hope you are watching the live shows this morning (or have set your Sky boxes to record) as Tonic have launched their Brand New Sparkle Dusts today. Ultra-fine Glitters in an array of colours.
Here is a really easy way to transform some plain boxes using two colours and a bit of lace trimming from my craft stash.
What I Did
- Measure sides of the box or boxes and the lids too you are using and cut double-sided paper to fit.
- Peel off one side of the covering on adhesive tape and carefully adhere to box sides and lid - smoothing down as you go to avoid air bubbles. Leave the top covering sheets on.
- Working on one side at a time on the box first carefully peel the covering up from the bottom only half way up the side. Lay the lace along the edge ensuring it is lying flat. Peel the remaining cover sheet off. Take the Sparkle Dust and cover the open areas. Shake off excess and burnish so that it smooth and flat. Brush wit a soft brush to remove any fine particles left.
- Remove the lace gently and add the second colour dust to cover all remaining sticky areas. Once again burnish.
- Repeat this process until all the sides have been decorated.
- To finish add some embellishment mousse to gild the edges.
What I Used
Tonic Studios Nuvo Sparkle Dust - Black Magic and Silver Sequin
Double-Sided Adhesive Paper
White Card Boxes
Tonic Super Trimmer