MJ has been having a quick play with the new Inky Doodle stamps that arrived in store yesterday. She just couldn’t resist taking a set home to play with!
She’s kept it nice, simple and clean using vellum, white embossing powder, Distress Ink Markers and Kraft card.
What MJ did: -
- First cut a piece of vellum measuring 5 3/8” x 7 3/4”. Then using the floral border in the ‘Happiness Is’'…’ stamp set and Versamark Ink stamp at top and bottom edge of vellum. Add white embossing powder and ‘cook’ with heat tool.
- Next take the large butterfly stamp and stamp above bottom border with Versamark, add white powder and heat. Repeat process for wording stamp.
- Stamp a large butterfly and a small butterfly onto vellum with Versamark and once again using the white powder, heat.
- Take the Distress Ink Markers (here MJ used Spun Sugar and Victorian Velvet) and colour all butterfly images from the reverse. Leave to dry.
- Taking the large and small butterfly images use an embossing tool gently from reverse to add the white shading. Then cut these 2 images out.
- Fold an A4 piece of Kraft card in half to form your card blank. Using Crafters Companion Stick and Stay (Red Can) cover the reverse side of the stamped vellum piece and stick to front of card.
- Shape the wings of the butterflies and then use 3D foam pads/glue gel to adhere to the front of the card.
- If you wanted to you could colour behind the border too to add more colour.
- Decorate to suit.