Monday, 18 May 2015

My Old Diary Altered Slightly! with Visible Image Stamps


Hi Everyone

Digging through my crafty stash trying to think of a project that I could make quickly (as I always leave things to that Crisis Crafting moment…lol) to put forward to Visible Image’s recent DT Call (sadly I did not make it but boy was the standard high when you see who did get in! – check out their blog for details).

So I did this for a bit of fun.  I used my old 2012 diary rather than bin it together with some gesso etc.  So here is briefly how I did it.

I stared with my diary…..


Old Diary 1


..and gave it a coat of Heavy Black Gesso to cover the gold writing up as the white gesso wasn’t doing it for me!


Gessoed Diary 2


I then gathered up all my bits and pieces, die cuts, stencils etc and added them to the covers.  Next gesso’d it all white ready to add my colours.


Diary Embellies Gessoed 5


Now I started to build up the colours with paints and sprays.


Diary Building Colour 7


I used Stampboard for my main cover feature and punched holes down the side that were tied through with ribbon and knotted. This was glued to the front cover.


Diary Stampboard Piece Prepped 11


Added a couple of stamped images and Voila!!  Finished.

Diary Cover Finished 12


We hope you have been inspired.



Popping By


No comments:

Post a Comment