We are so pleased to introduce our fabulous Guest Designer Maggs Barrett.
Maggs makes the most gorgeous Shabby Chic cards so please take a lingering look at her blog which can be found here: - http://dizzysdecoratives.blogspot.co.uk/
“I have been crafting for approx. 2 years now – have never done anything ‘arty crafty’ in my life, but always wanted to, but never had the confidence in myself. After bringing up 4 of my own children plus over a 17 year period, fostered many children, I felt it was about time I had some ‘me’ time, a place to escape to.
There were no classes nearby, I didn’t have a clue where to start, so bought a job lot of cardmaking stuff from the local paper – then started watching you tube – that’s it, I was addicted. I then attended a class at Dandie Crafts for brayering. I really couldn’t get the hang of it, but Mandy made it look so easy, and yes, she was right, once she taught us the technique, we were well away. Also attended Dandies layering/matting classes, again this was something I struggled with, it was a fab class, very friendly people, so welcoming.
Recently Mandy asked me if I would like to do a guest spot for them, I was so pleased, so off I went to collect the materials to use – now this was going to be a challenge, have never used toppers and I have always used quite pale colours, and here I am with a strong colours of green and pink!
The papers were lovely quality and fab to use.”
This is the recipe for my card: -
From Dandie Crafts
· Cardstock – Co-ordinations ‘Mantis’ – this was awesome to rip and distress
· Bo Bunny ‘Isabella’ – such pretty paper and gorgeous quality
· Topper – Mo Manning – Little Divas
· The Large flower and ALL leaves on card are ones I made from dies I purchased from Dandie’s quite a while back (sorry cant remember their names – but am sure Mandy will be able to tell you).
· The inks I used are Ranger distress ink (again all from Dandies) – picked raspberry, mown lawn and peeled paint.
· The centre of the flower was a pack of pretty embellishments I also purchased from Dandies.
The Nesting dies are Go Kreate (from Dandie’s)
Rest of items were items in my stash
What a fabulous card Maggs has done for us. Here’s hoping she’ll do more for us later.
We hope you have been inspired.
Thanks for Popping By